Chocorua Lake Conservancy Board Nominations
If you know someone who would make a good candidate to serve on the CLC’s Board of Directors, or on a Board Committee, please contact Melissa Baldwin, Chair of the Governance and Nominating Committee. Self-nominations are permitted, but not encouraged.
Please submit nominations for review by the CLC’s Nominating Committee for proper consideration by the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will evaluate all proposed Board candidates and present a recommended slate to the Board each year before the annual meeting. The Board will review the slate and will present its recommended slate for action by the CLC membership at the Annual Meeting, held in mid-August.
What information to provide? In addition to providing the Nominating Committee with the name and contact information for the person, please also include any relevant information about the person (i.e. prior experience and expertise; connection to the Chocoorua Lake Basin) and why you believe the person is a good candidate for the Board of the Chocorua Lake Conservancy.
We are looking for individuals who have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
· Experience working with land trusts and/or other non-profits
· Land conservation and land stewardship
· Interest in and knowledge of natural resources and wildlife
· Water quality monitoring and management
· Event planning and community outreach
· Legal expertise
· Financial expertise
· Fundraising expertise
Desirable personal qualities include:
· A commitment to the mission and work of the Chocorua Lake Conservancy.
· Residence in Chocorua, Tamworth or a nearby town.
· An ability to attend and participate meaningfully in five (5) or six (6) Board meetings over year, usually located in Chocorua. Board meetings are typically scheduled from 9am to 1pm on aSaturday or Sunday morning. A person unable to attend a Board meeting in person may participate via teleconference.
· An interest in taking an active role in at least one board committee.
· A willingness to help with fundraising efforts, attend CLC events, and lend volunteer assistance as needed.
Please think about your personal and professional acquaintances in the community, and about the members of your extended family, with the qualities listed above in mind. We look forward to your suggestions!